The first in our line of 70’s inspired colors! A new warm metallic yellow that show up as a lovely smoky gold over a black base primer and a deep warm yellow over white that is truly… the Bee’s Knees (If we do say so ourselves.)
Example images are shown over a white base.
Turbo Dork paints are made of a mixture of pigments suspended in an acrylic medium plus additives that make them fast-drying, water-soluble when wet, and water-resistant when dry. The Metallics contain pigments and small mica flakes that create a sparkling effect on the paint surface making it look like metal.
Formulated for airbrush use, but may also be hand brushed.
How to use
- Shake a lot. Like more than you think.
- Make sure the tip is clear before you squirt. Our bottles feature removable dropper tips, this allows you to save unused paint by pouring it back into the bottle.
- Use the appropriate base coat colour. The bottles say which base coat is best for said colour. But generally, most colorshifts and metallics look best over a black undercoat.
- Apply in 2-4 thin layers. Do not try to apply in one layer. Do not allow the paint to cool. Allow each coat to fully dry before applying the next.
- Turboshifts may be layered over each other, but not mixed together when wet.
- Gloss washes work best on Turbo Dork paints. Finish with a satin or gloss varnish to protect if desired.