Scorched earth and cool skies.
Afterburner has our widest range of colors in a shift paint. Moving from a warm copper through a yellow gold front facing color to a light green rim. Applied in 1-2 coats over a black base this paint can give you a beetle shell effect; applied in 3-5 coats it gives you the full saturation as seen in the product images.
How to use
- Shake a lot. Like more than you think.
- Make sure the tip is clear before you squirt. Our bottles feature removable dropper tips, this allows you to save unused paint by pouring it back into the bottle.
- Use the appropriate base coat colour. The bottles say which base coat is best for said colour. But generally, most colorshifts and metallics look best over a black undercoat.
- Apply in 2-4 thin layers. Do not try to apply in one layer. Do not allow the paint to cool. Allow each coat to fully dry before applying the next.
- Turboshifts may be layered over each other, but not mixed together when wet.
- Gloss washes work best on Turbo Dork paints. Finish with a satin or gloss varnish to protect if desired.